Inclusive metadata: Steps to address diversity, equity and inclusion in your DAM
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a topic that more and more brands are exploring – specifically within the context of their digital asset management (DAM) system.
Whether they’re looking to ensure representation of specific groups within their creative library, or are concerned about the language used in metadata to describe those groups, these companies are starting to take action. But as the DAM manager, what does that mean for you and where do you start?
In this webinar, as we dive into this topic with Sharon Mizota, a leading expert and consultant on DEI within DAM, you’ll learn:
- The three most common DEI-related issues with your metadata
- Step-by-step direction on how to conduct a DEI content audit in your DAM
- Options for remediation action
- Best practices to maintain a DEI-friendly DAM environment
Resources to support your DEI efforts:
Harmful content statement examples:
- Digital Public Library of America harmful content statement example: https://dp.la/about/harmful-language-statement
- Cataloging Lab harmful content statement examples: